Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Sunday 18 March 2007

Salt-our tasty enemy

We have trained our tongue to eat tasty food. We find food without salt as tasteless and bland. We tend to eat overdose of salt not realizing how much it is harming us. Have we realized that by reducing salt intake we could actually lower average blood pressure, which in turn would help cut heart disease? Salt in fact performs its ‘flavoring’ by inflaming and irritating taste buds on the tongue. Instead of salt, we can use substitute condiments such as fresh lime, mango, tamarind, cocum, celery or sea weeds. Fresh raw fruits and veggies are also full of appeasing flavors and aromas. They tickle and provoke our taste buds without any need for additional condiments like salt. When salt gets into our blood stream, it is eliminated with great difficulty. Much of it is thrown out from our body through our skin. Instead of utilizing the energy for important body functions, our vital energy is diverted in throwing out the excess of salt from our body. Ill health is thus caused by placing an extra burden on the body to throw out the salt. Salt has no nutritional value. It is only a culturally conditioned habit. It is a habit that contributes towards many diseases like hypertension, obesity, kidney stones and even cancer. We must decide now whether we want a good health or a tasty meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails