Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Monday 4 February 2008

During my first two days of KGAF,

I attended two workshops, Kavita Roa"s "An Introduction to Freelance Journalism" and "Once Upon a Time - Writing for Children", by Jane Bhandari and Marilyn Noronha and both were very informative and useful to me. But, there was a gap of two hours between the two workshop, and there was enough time to have lunch and move around, exploring the other events that were taking place around different avenues. Although I am clumsy at making new friends, I was able to link up with few friends who were willing to walk with me at my slow pace. We had lunch at famous ‘Samovar’ and then decided to explore. The walk between the two venues of my workshop, at K.Dubash Marg, (Rampart row) was converted into a street bazaar with stalls of handicraft and food, lining down the two sides of this street. There were NGO stalls vending various articles like handicraft, antiques, paintings and different accessories. In the middle of this street was an amphitheatre, which had some interesting shows, throughout the day. There were different programs organized at this theatre that included shows such as folk dance of Tibet, Miracle dance contest, Capoeria, Samvrate-Manipuri Dance Ballet, Nitryamandal Dance Ensemble and Chana chai Nukkad Natak. ‘Muse fashion show’, was the only program that I was able to squeeze in between my two workshops. But yes. I did watch the street show that was being performed by one family that included mom, dad and lots of children. One group of children played dholak and other musical instruments, while one child walked on a tight rope, and the girl lifted heavy brick that was hung from her plait. (So much for the child labor! UGH!) I couldn’t bear to watch this show and seeing the child abused. There were more events in the evening at David Sasson Library Garden, but I didn’t want to push myself too hard, so while my friends went off to enjoy the rest of the evening, I retreated back to my comfy cocoon.

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails