Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Thursday 10 July 2008

One more trip..this time to Tenerife.....

Now that my bags are packed again, I am ready to go to yet another trip, this time to Tenerife, where I have lived for nearly ten years…Tenerife is probably one of the last European paradise isles. "Fascinating" is the word for this island. It offers lush forests, exotic fauna and flora, deserts, mountains, volcanoes, sometimes snow, incredibly beautiful coastlines and spectacular beaches but I am not going for a holiday I am just going back to my home town where my family lives where I will be spending some time, just chilling…... I know every nook and corner of Tenerife, but while I was there, internet was not so common, and I had never heard of blogging, . .so this time, it will be a new experience blogging on my adventures (if any)…now won’t that be fun? But this whole preparation for the trip has been quite irksome … the air fares have shot up like crazy and still all the flights are full! I had booked the ticket with the travel agent about three weeks ago but she ditched me the last minutes and she went off to USA without handing me my ticket and I was left stranded looking for a new travel agent. It is strange that different travel agents have different rates and if we are not careful we are likely to be cheated. I wasted one week checking rates before I could narrow my search on one. I booked my ticket on internet with the agent who lives in South Mumbai. He couldn’t trust me with the money, so he had a person to pick up the cheque and deliver me the e-ticket in person. In India, people have no value for your time, they will make false promises and will never keep the appointment and you have to keep waiting. I wasted ten hours waiting for the travel agent to send the ticket over, and there were no apologies on his part. Anyways that the way things are and it will alwys remain so. I am glad I will be away from this heavy rains of Mumbai and prohably be happy to breathe the clean air of Tenerife.....

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails