Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Thursday 13 December 2012

Chota Bheem's Return Gift


Chota Bheem is the two-year-old child, grandson to my sister, who keeps me busy with his innocent chatter.

“Don’t call me Hyerank, I am Chota Bheem” he says whenever I call him by his real name.

The kid is smart, having mastered all the puzzle games on his ipad, sliding his tiny hands on the screen with efficiency. He watches all the TV cartoons with interest; his favorite show is ‘Chota Bheem’ and he identifies with the protagonist.

All the kids are smart nowadays especially those who get lots of attention from their families and at play groups.

There are theme birthday parties held regularly where these kids seem to have fun, a big banquet hall, or an area around pool is selected as a venue. The parties are celebrated on a large scale where the parents and helpers are also invited. There is separate area of the room reserved where all the helpers are grouped together and are served cuisine that is different from what other guests are offered. The helper will be offered only ‘Tang’ drink and one samosa while the other guests will enjoy a plateful of assorted delicacies.

“With 50 children there are 50 ayahs, the party becomes too expensive” complains the host.

Today Chota Bheem returns from one such fancy party with a return gift, guess what? hmmmn-

A fish bowl



During my growing up days, the return gift did not exist. It used to be small party with just wafers, cake and biscuits. The return gifts were introduced in the birthday parties during late eighties, but it used to be a small souvenir or bag of assorted goodies, but live fish bowl? Need I say more?

The fact is that kid is amused and watches with interest as the black shiny fish swims in the small glass jar.

“What will you name your fish?” I asked equally amused.

We start the naming game, with everybody suggesting and prompting him, soon the rare name is decided and now the fish is called ‘Chawal’

It’s Chota Bheem’s duty to see that ‘Chawal’ is comfortable and fed on time.


 Happy to share this post with group of Marathon Bloggers who promised to blog daily during the month of December.

10 comments:

  1. wow in disbelief - i cant believe thats the return gift.
    But on another note Chota bheem is a fav with my daughter too. She even got a Tee fron another Chota bheem lover friend. Kids indeed are smart these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! A fish! thats too much aint it. My 2 year old got a plant once. I thought that was cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thats a reurn gift what an amazng idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that really a return gift what an amazing idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fish? Rather unusual indeed :) But what learning for your li'l Bheem.

    And I super agree. As mom to a 4 yr old and an infant daughter, i have to literally budget seperately for the b'day parties.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok the only thing I can think about it is how that fishbowl was transported back with him, obviously he couldn't be expected to carry it :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all the kids are invited with their ayahs or parents no?

    remember i wrote “With 50 children there are 50 ayahs, the party becomes too expensive” complains the host.

    also
    The parties are celebrated on a large scale where the parents and helpers are also invited.
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

    Wedding Return Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found some useful information in your blog,it was awesome to read, thanks for sharing this great content to my vision, keep sharing.

    German Silver Gift Items

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic blog I have ever seen. I didn’t find this kind of information till now. Thank you so much for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails