Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Saturday 8 March 2008

Yesterday, I went to watch a film (at Fame ad lab in InOrbit Mall) called ‘The Lives of Others’.

One word I heard myself after a long silence, during watching the film was ‘Beautiful’ I just loved the film and it really moved me. The emotions of the characters in the film are very real. It was really worth watching it in the theatre and I took my friends along who knew nothing about what they were to see. They didn’t even know that it was German film with English subtitles, but they came along, because I said so, and they too loved it. It haunted us long after we left our seat. Winner of the 2006 Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film, ‘The Lives of Others’ is on one level a political thriller no doubt, but it’s also a remarkable study of human emotion. It is the story of a celebrated playwright Dreyman, whose house is bugged by Stasi officer, Wiesler (backed by a top governmental bigwig who’s looking for dirt on Dreyman whose girlfriend he wants to sleep with.) in the hope of collecting evidence against him. The story is set in East Germany in 1984, five years before the Berlin Wall came down, and at a time when the Stasi, the country’s relentless secret police was closely watching everyone in the Communist German Democratic Republic. Immersing himself in the case, Wiesler listens in on Dreyman’s private moments and chances upon enough evidence that can easily implicate Dreyman, but finds himself convinced of Dreyman’s innocence and makes significant effort to protect him. The scene where Wiesler walks into a bookstore to buy a book, authored by Dreyman, and dedicated to Wiesler, really moved me. The star of the film however, is its first time writer-director Florian von Donnersmarck who creates such a genius work. Image Source : http://www.history.ucsb.edu/projects/ccws/images/livesothers.jpg

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails