Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Monday 16 April 2007

Visit to health care centre in Wagni

Wagni is a small village near Karjat. Dr Vijaya Venkat arraged for us a visit to her farm at Wagni yesterday. At 6 a.m.(I had to break my slumber at 5a.m..yawn..so difficult actually) and set on our journey to Wagni in a special two buses with 50 more companions to enjoy this field trip. on our way to Wagni, after two hours journey, we ask the locals for direction. We then crossed the rail tracks to reach the other side.... and reached a village of wagni...can you see those buffaloes..? we reached the health center where we were welcomed warmly...... we were hungry, naturally and we were expecting soem snacks of batatawadas, samosas or pav bhaji..but oops, its a health center and junk food is NO*NO. so we were served mixed fruits which we ate listening to the experiences of other health proffessors.... after initial introduction and lots of smiles to people and to the plants that surrounded us from all direction, we were led to a meditation room where we learnt to talk to ourselves and to be with ourself. we closed our eyes (I slept, coz I wanted to catch up with the early morning sleep that I had missed because of this trip) but the room was cool and had large windows sans panes and the meditaion was done chanting out to a long OHM in a musical rhythm..... after the meditaion, we walked in the field that surrounded the meditation hall, talking to the plants, later during the day, we had to do some activity like collecting big stones and transporting them to other place and also watering the plant. I enjoyed watering the plants, it had cooling effect and I loved the smell of the earth..... after meditation we had our breakfast of saboo dhana Khichri and steamed corn which we were asked to eat in silence to be in complete company of plants and our body and to eat as slowly as we could (for full 30 minutes to eat just corn....yum, yum, yummy..) and then we went back to medition hall where we, now, did not meditate but spoke of health and many related questions were asked and were expertly answered by Dr Vijaya Venkat. at 3 pm we had our lunch, a complete organic lunch sans oil and after a group photograph we headed toward the polluted city where we continue to live against all odds.....

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing!!!! /I look forward to your feedback /thanks for this man it was very helpful.

    Kids Care Centre

    ReplyDelete

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails