Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Thursday 3 July 2008

Time for lunch....Bhindi Potatoes, Sindhi estyle..

Cooking is my passion and my favorite pass time….My book on ‘Joys of Sindhi Cooking’ is almost complete, Next year, I will be going to China to get it published. In this book I have compiled all my mom’s recipes and I hope to get good reviews when it is published. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Here is the page from my book….. Seyal Bhindi Patata Ingredients: ½ kg ladies finger (slit it lengthwise) 2 potatoes (cut into rings) 2 tomatoes (chopped finely) 2 tsp coriander powder 1 tsp turmeric powder Coriander leaves Fenugreek leaves 10 cloves of garlic Chillies Salt Oil Method: 1. Pound into a paste the mixture of chilli, coriander leaves, fenugreek leaves, garlic, coriander powder and salt. 2. Keep it aside. 3. Heat oil and fry the pounded paste. 4. Add the chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder. 5. Stir and fry it well 6. Mash the tomatoes and add 1 cup of water 7. When it starts to boil, add potatoes and ladies finger 8. Cover and cook on slow fire till the potatoes are tender. 9. Do not dry the gravy completely.

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails