Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Wednesday 22 January 2020

MPdiaries Part 7. Panchmarhi


Like every state in India have their own hill station, Madhya Pradesh has its hill station at Panchmarhi at 1067 meters, commonly known as Satpura ki Rani. It has also been recognised as UNESCO biosphere reserve.

We checked into InderPrasad Hotel late in the evening after a long drive from Jabalpur.. We had a good room with twin beds and a beautiful view outside the window. There was a small market nearby, where we went to buy few local products. The lobby had a small comfortable cubicle, outside the dining hall, where we spend our leisure hours playing cards. Surprisingly, the wifi was free in this town and we had free internet access even when we were on the road.

Early next morning, we hired jeeps to go around the city. It is a city of natural beauty with caves, waterfall and temples.



Although there are lot of tourists visiting this place for natural beauty and caves, the infrastructure is very poor. The gardens are well developed but the roads are poorly developed. I needed assistance during my walks and I did not dare to walk up the steep hills. I wanted to see the Pandav caves, but there were narrow steep steps to climb up and I would not dare. I sat for some time under the tree, then decided to walk around the garden. The garden was well maintained and had manicured plants and trees. It had lots of cactus and rich flora and fauna.



The city has many naughty monkeys who surprise you with their sudden appearance and may even steal your belongings if you are not careful. The jeep driver advised us to pick up the sticks to scare the monkeys away. We walked down the dirt road with sticks in our hand and headed towards Mahadeva temple. We just climbed 52 steps to reach a cave. The cave was dark and wet. There was a small waterfall inside the cave, water was cool to touch, I washed my feet and walked towards the Shiva idol. The energy inside the cave was very positive and it really felt good.



 There were more caves in this area,  there was too many steps to climb, but then all caves will be same, you see one, you have seen them all, unless you want to be adventurous and do some more exercise, then it will be a good pastime to explore. Everywhere there was trident (Shiva’s Trishul). That is recognised as Lord’s ubiquitous symbol and there were hundreds of them everywhere….



After lunch, everybody went to see Jatashankar caves. I did not go because I was told that it would be too steep for me to walk. I rested at the hotel till they came back to fetch me for an evening drive to Priyadarshini view point to see the deep valley from the mountain top and later went to panorama point called Rajendragiri point where we were able to see beautiful sunset...

Later in the evening we went shopping again..In the hotel was this map of Madhya Pradesh and it was fun marking the route we had travelled during our trip



To be continued………

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails