Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Saturday 21 December 2019

MPdiaries Part 6. Jabalpur


We spend lot of time on road trip all over MP, but bus journey was not boring. I am reminded of the movie ‘Bombay to Goa’ wherein you meet all kinds of people. Some are dozing, some fast asleep, some noisy, some want to sing, some want to eat. My friends spent most of their journey playing cards…just three of them across the aisle, they would play different games..it was a good time pass for them. I was occupying the front seat and could see the road from the glass window in front of me. I had made myself comfortable by tucking cushions behind my back and a shawl over my legs. I enjoyed the journey watching cities pass by.



After a long journey from the jungles of Bandaravagarh, we reached Jabalpur. We checked into Rishi Regency. It was quite a comfortable hotel with separate twin beds.



I was glad that the weather in #Jabalpur was pleasant, so i didn't mind climbing down 72 step to go for a boat ride at #BhedaGhat And what a ride it was! Surrounded by dark green water on all sides and the sun setting behind the marble stones.(that looked like Meccana's gold). We rowed on calm waters of Narmada river.



Our ferryman was an interesting person..he had humour and talent to speak in rhymes mixing Hindi and English ....."Water is deep,.marble stones on all sides, left or right only suicide is allowed



There were some kids standing at the top of cliff willing to dive and reach our boat for a fee of Rs50. The ride was very enjoyable. However, climbing up the 72 steps was quite a challenge......



At #Jabalpur, we walked through the narrow alley towards #Duandharwaterfalls. The lane is laced on both sides with shops selling handicraft items and articles made of pure marble. We walked across small alleys with shops selling artifacts, marble statues, incense stick holders, marble turtles, vases and everything that can be made with marble. You can even get your names inscribed on marble designs. Turtles seem to be the favorites they were designed in various forms and materials. There were some beautiful marble toys that I have never seen anywhere else in India. The lane seemed endless, stretched over more than a kilometre. I walked halfway but decided to take a cable car instead. This was the best option and the view from top was splendid. It seemed like a miniature of Niagara falls. The waters of Narmada river fall over glittering marble rocks with such force that it leaves you amazed at the beauty of the nature...

While all our group members had walked down for one and half kilometre to experience the waterfall, we were glad that we took a ride in the cable car and watched from the top. Of course, had we walked down closer to the waters, we could have wet our feet and enjoyed the spray on our faces, but then you cannot get everything…

To be continued…..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails