Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Friday 20 December 2019

MPdiaries Part 5. Bhandarvagarh


After driving all day, we reached Bhandarvagarh late evening. I couldn’t see anything, but a narrow road and thick bushes on either side of the road. It seemed like a ghostly town with not a person in sight. The bus moved slowly  over uneven mud road till we reached the beautiful resort called Mogli Resort. We were to stay in the middle of the jungle. I was quite impressed with the rooms, it was large and spacious with all the comfort one could ask for. There was a big open ground surrounding all the villas and a dining hall across our room.



Early morning 6am, we set out for a long drive into the deep forest for jungle safari at Bandhavgarh National Park in an open jeep.



The forest is spread over1536 kms. I was hoping to see Bengal Tigers (for which this park is famous for) ..but was not lucky to spot any. The professional photographers wait for hours by the pond waiting for thirsty animal to come into their focus but we waited only for 20 minutes..then drove around for nearly five hours.



However I did spot deer at several spots..they ran swiftly behind the trees. The ride was pleasant through this tropical forest with lovely fragrance of leaves and the beautiful chirping of birds.




Evening at Bandhavagarh was spent playing group games. Since our group was divided into two groups, one group for 15days tours and second group for 7days tour. This was the last day for group doing 7days tour. We had evening of games..childish but fun…just being alert in pronouncing certain words….the person who was most alert was the winner, the distracted ones faltered. I had no interest in playing any such games but enjoyed distracting the players with my comments. till all my friends dropped out.



We were seated at open ground. It was getting chilly. Bonfire was lit, we sat around it in smaller groups and we began to relax as the warmth touch our faces and feet.



Later part of the evening was spent enjoying the traditional folk dance of MP called karma Nach. These dances are the reflection of rich heritage culture of the state. The dancers were dressed in vibrant colorful costumes. The women had their head covered and danced gracefully in rhythm with slow hand movements. Men had sticks in their hand striking the sticks of the persons on their sides and they all moved in circles adding the dramatic rhythm. They also performed acrobatic dance. Such dances are normally performed during festivals to celebrate the rich harvest by the natives of Madhya Pradesh.. 
Cross posted on my FB

It was the most relaxing evening spent during this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails