Do Visit my very own 'Food' Blog' for delicious meals

Saturday 4 January 2014

100 Happy Days: Day 2




The birthday cake arrived, triangular chocolate chips inserted on its sides to make a geometrical design and a thick layer of chocolate cream on its side. 

It was not H's birthday; the name clearly spelled the name of his aunt. But what did H care? It was the cake that fascinated him, the rich chocolate color, he didn't care to read the name, he couldn't. He is only three years old. He could recognize the alphabets, not the words, but his happiness was profound. 

He couldn't wait for his aunt to blow off the candles or cut the cake. He simply lifted the chocolate chips off from the sides of the cake and licked from one side, again and again, till it melted and disappeared into his mouth. The dark chocolate cream stained his cheeks. 

Lifting his hands in the air, standing on toes, he began to dance, shaking his whole body and singing loudly, 

"Cake is tasty, its birthday time, Cake is tasty, its birthday time " 

He swung round and round, dancing and singing, came back after every turn to swipe off the cream from the side of the cake and licking his fingers. I just stood there watching the joy on his face. Little things please little minds. 

You don’t need a grand party to be happy. You just need to be in the company of small kids, as small as three years old and watch the world through his lens. It is so easy to be happy.....

So here I am, with the project of 100 Happy DaysI will be posting pictures each day here on my blog then share the link on my page on FB too. You can enjoy my work either here or on my page at FB at Pushee’s World

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your name while making comments... be kind :)

Featured post

The Year That It Was - 2015

I have poor memory therefore I tend to forget the good and the bad times easily. What is past is forgotten, each day I try my best that my ...

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....

"I shall seize the fate by its throat....
"I shall seize the fate by its throat....It shall certainly not bend nor crush me completely"

Out of Box

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails